Sunday, July 6, 2008

Pure Labor

The past few weeks have been filled with some hard labor at our house. The procrastination finally was overcome and things have started to take shape. I borrowed my Dads truck and hauled away some ugly Juniper trees and brought in two loads of gravel. I prepared a new pad to be poured which involved hauling a bunch of sod and dirt to a vacant lot in our subdivision. If the owner of the vacant lot says anything, I will have to confess to the dumping and I guess I will cross the bridge when we get there.

I have been pretty motivated to get the yard looking decent because I think I can finally see the vision of how I want it to look. It includes the installation of a basketball court with a nice basketball standard built to take some viscious dunks. When Dalling gets old enough for me to teach him the fine art of dunking we can both spend some quality time on the court. It will be nice, but it is just a dream for now, like most things.

I haven't had a decent garden for the past two years, and I planted one this year but it hasn't done to good. The corn will probably be mutated and will carry some new virus that will cause me and my family to have some genetic defect, or atleast I can blame our problems on that.I really enjoy working outside and doing projects, which will probably never end. It seems like I start something, and then 5 years later rip it out and do something different. Just a lack of planning but usually the first time it gets done there isn't enough money to do it right, so it never gets done the way it should be. Our new philosophy is to save and do it right the first time.

Here are some pictures of the recent labor:

No comments: